Rules and Conditions
1. All bids are binding and cannot be withdrawn.
2. The highest bidder as determined by amfAR at the close of the auction lot will win the item or service.
3. Every effort has been made to describe auction items accurately. However, all items are sold “as is” and “where is” without warranty or representation of any kind as to accuracy of description, authenticity, value, or fitness for any purpose. By participating in the auction, each bidder recognizes and agrees that amfAR is not liable for any occurrence stemming from the use of the auctioned items or services. All sales are final, and refunds and exchanges are not allowed.
4. Winning bidders should contact Tricia Courtney at email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, July 1, 2019, and make payment to amfAR by Tuesday, July 9, 2019. amfAR accepts American Express, MasterCard, and Visa. amfAR will also accept checks made out in USD or a wire transfer of funds. amfAR’s permanent office may be reached at +1 (212) 806-1719.
5. Successful bidders will be responsible for applicable taxes and any out-of-town shipping or delivery costs, even if arranged by amfAR, unless otherwise noted.
6. All auctioned items are subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by the donors. Purchases that are subject to future fulfillment, such as travel or entertainment items, depend on the schedules of both the purchaser and the donors of the items. amfAR is not responsible if mutually agreeable times and locations cannot be reached.
7. No refund can be given for purchases/packages not fulfilled within one year of purchase or within the time period reflected in each individual auction lot description.
8. All items have been acquired by amfAR for the auction. These items are sold by amfAR and not by the donors.
9. A small portion of the proceeds from the sale of certain items presented herein may be used by amfAR to cover acquisition and logistical costs associated with the procurement and sale of the item. Additional information is available to interested bidders and purchasers by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.